20/057 Senior Solicitor
Organisational Strategy and Performance
Wellington City, Wellington
Type: Fixed Term - 12 months
Hours: Full time, will consider part time (at least 3 days a week)
Business Group: Legal
Branch: Organisational Strategy and Performance
- If you thrive working on cutting edge projects, like a challenge and also to know that what you do, you do for the good of New Zealand, this is the opportunity is for you.
- This role will particularly appeal to lawyers with the skill and experience to provide high quality strategic legal advice on, and have a strong interest in, commercial and technology related legal work.
- The role is all about giving legal advice on a wide variety of issues relating to DIA’s diverse and innovative operations – from being the functional lead for government ICT to our regulatory regimes and operational areas, including:
- commercial and contract law advice, contract review, drafting and negotiation
- working on complex projects, procurement processes and cross-government initiatives
- ICT/technology and intellectual property
- OIA and privacy.
- As well as working in these areas, in our team you’ll get opportunities to work on broader public, regulatory and operational law matters.
- You’ll be working in a collegial environment where experience and knowledge is shared and support, peer review and constructive feedback are encouraged.
- This is a parental leave cover position for up to 12-months. We’re happy to receive applications from candidates looking for part-time, secondment or other flexible working arrangements.
- There is more information about this role, and what we’re looking for from you, in the Job Description. More information about DIA, and what the Department does, can be found at www.dia.govt.nz
Better New Zealand
Working at the Department of Internal Affairs, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of New Zealanders.
Organisational Strategy and Performance (Te Urungi)
We’re a small branch with a big job. We provide direction, oversight and leadership across the Department around risk assurance, project governance, legal services and strategic planning.
See Job Description
If you want a job where the work you do matters to New Zealand, we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We recognise a diverse workforce contributes to better business outcomes. We are committed to creating a workplace where all employees have equal access.
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Applications close: 5pm, Sunday 1 March 2020
For more information please contact: Tim Whiteley, Deputy Chief Legal Advisor, 021 942 823 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.