Hours: Full time
Business Group: Operations
Branch: Service Delivery & Operations
Salary: $74,194 - $x100,381
Do you want to play an important part in developing operational policy and implementing business improvement to support community organisations and individuals throughout New Zealand? Are you used to working in a busy work environment and on multiple projects? Do you enjoy having fun at work?
If so, this could be a great position for you!
The Operational Policy and Design team has an opportunity for a motivated and talented Senior Advisor, Community Operations to join our team. The Senior Advisor, Community Operations is responsible for maintaining the operational policies that support a range of community grant schemes and programmes.. The Senior Advisor works within the Operational Policy and Design Team, which also manages operational policy and business improvement of life event and identity products, rates rebates, and the national dogs database.
You will be resourceful, have a good work ethic and a wide range of transferable skills, including policy development and design, stakeholder engagement, project management, and proven ability to plan, research, assimilate and communicate a wide range of information.
This role requires someone who is able to "hit the ground running". To be effective you will have:
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- High level communication skills that provoke commitment from others, forging strong and lasting relationships,
- Nous to identify innovative ideas that can be operationalised
- A natural style to work collaboratively, and the ability to persuade and influence when appropriate,
- Strong business acumen and critical thinking to develop systems and frameworks that are effective in supporting and raising operational capability,
- Natural resilience and the ability to progress ideas and systems despite encountering barriers,
- The ability to operate in an agile environment.
If you want to join a team of smart, committed people who do incredibly interesting and important work for New Zealand - then get in touch.
Service Delivery and Operations (SDO) | Kāwai kit e Iwi At the Service Delivery and Operations branch, we are the face of DIA. Whether we’re helping to issue community grants, register births, deaths or marriages, or assisting in passport applications, or civil union and name change registrations, we’re dedicated to serving the needs of New Zealanders. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We recognise a diverse workforce contributes to better business outcomes. We are committed to creating a workplace where all employees have equal access.
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Applications close: 5pm, Friday 24 April 2020
For more information please contact: Julia Taylor on 04 495 7266 or email@example.com
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.