Type: Fixed Term - 12 months
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Regulatory Services
Branch: Policy, Regulation and Communities
PRINCIPAL ADVISOR CVE
- Join us on our journey to strengthen build a stronger, safer digital community for all New Zealanders
- Champion practice excellence across the Digital Safety Sector
- 12 months fixed term/secondment opportunity
In a field where the pace of change is rapid, our approach to digital safety will build our knowledge, prevent and respond to harm and ultimately create a safe online environment that is trusted and inclusive.
We are looking for people who can work collaboratively to leverage our people and technology to improve digital safety for all New Zealanders.
About the role:
In this pivotal role you will focus on supporting the Director and wider Digital Safety team in providing strategic high-quality advice, guidance and insights to build the Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) capability across the group and the sector.
Recognised as a leader in this field you will use your ability to influence at a senior level and be instrumental in helping to provide insights on quality practice, gap analysis, thought leadership and advice to enhance engagement and consultation with key decision makers on a wide range of issues in relation in relation to countering violent extremism online.
Crucial to your success will be your ability to identify areas of development while making recommendations for best practice in collaboration with the wider team. A vital component of this role will be your extensive networks. Working as a trusted partner you will be passionate in developing continuous improvements to ensure enhanced and proactive quality practice while mitigating any risk as they occur.
The scope of this role includes:
- The ability to make the connections across the Department and add value
- A pragmatic and solutions focused approach in providing sound advice to senior managers to help them make informed decisions
- Confidence to apply your skills and knowledge across a breadth of inter-agency functions & disciplines
- Ability to work flexibly, perform under pressure and drive under an environment of change
- Seasoned ability to deal with OIA requests, ministerial briefings and other relevant public sector documents
- Demonstrated ability to work at pace and to deliver smart solutions to complex problems and provide credible and pragmatic advice
- Solid understanding of the wider online CVE environment combined with relevant experience A high level of written and verbal communication with a focus on exemplary report writing
- Ability to review, collate and interpret data to identify issues and solutions
To be successful in this role you will have a solid background in a senior advisory role with a good working knowledge of CVE/CT, digital and cyber environment. You will have the ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders while being able to manage multiple priorities. You will have a consultative approach to providing solutions and thrive on individual accountability while embracing a collaborative culture.
What we offer:
We offer a collaborative and innovative culture where our people thrive to adhere to best practice while constantly challenging the status quo making each workday interesting. We value work life balance so flexible work options are available.
We look for people who can positively contribute to fostering and cultivating an inclusive environment; as well as demonstrating commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion of others.
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Applications close: 5pm, Tuesday 14 July 2020
For more information please contact: Heena Ravji at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.