Hours: Full time
Business Group: Te Pāhekoheko / Operations
Branch: Kāwai ki te Iwi / Service Delivery & Operations
Salary: $49,317 - $66,723
Personal Assistant to the General Manager Te Pāhekoheko Operations
At Te Tari Taiwhenua/Department of Internal Affairs, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of New Zealanders.
Kāwai ki te Iwi - Service Delivery and Operations is one of DIA's most public facing branches, providing customers with a wide variety of services, products and advice, in the areas of Identity and Passport Services, Births, Deaths and Marriages, Citizenship, Charities Services, Authentications, Translations, and Community Operations, DIA's network of community development and funding.
We are seeking a Personal Assistant to provide consistent and dependable secretarial and administrative support services to the General Manager of Te Pāhekoheko Operations. This role ensures that the General Manager is well supported, prepared and informed, particularly in relation to meetings, and their team’s administrative deadlines are met effectively
You will have demonstrated experience in providing efficient and proactive personal assistance and team administrative support. You will be:
- An expert in time management and prioritisation with experience managing high volumes of work, within tight timeframes
- Confident and experienced in supporting a manager who operates electronically (not paper based)
- Proficient in working with financial management and information management systems
- Able to use your initiative, identifying improvements where appropriate
- A problem solver, resourceful and able to find workable solutions independently
- Meticulous in your work, with an eye for the detail
- Friendly and collegial with an ability to work well with a range of people at all levels
If you want a job where the work you do matters to Aotearoa New Zealand, we would like to hear from you.
What we offer
You will be supported to achieve great results within a dedicated team who are genuinely passionate about the work they do. We also value work life balance so flexible work options are available.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We recognise a diverse workforce contributes to better business outcomes and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees have equal access.
Interested in applying? Read the full job description and supporting information
All applications must be lodged via the DIA careers page
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Applications close: 5pm, Thursday 28 October 2021
For more information please contact: Gemma Palmer at Gemma.Palmer@dia.govt.nz
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.