Type: Fixed Term - Feb 2024
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Ministerial Services and Secretariat Support
Branch: Information Knowledge and Services
Salary: $67,162 - $90,865
- An accounting and business support role with a difference!
- Provide financial, operational and best practice advice to support our financial and administration processes.
This role presents an exciting challenge for those in search of business support role with a difference. The Ministerial Entitlements & Assurance team is looking for an experienced advisor with strong accounting and finance experience to deliver service excellence to Ministers and Ministerial offices.
This is a busy and varied position – no two days are the same! If you are solutions focused, value teamwork and enjoy juggling competing priorities, while delivering the very best of service, this could be the position for you.
We operate in a sensitive environment, requiring responsiveness to the needs of Ministers and customers, transparency with public money and compliance with legislation. In this position you will be providing operational advice, finance, and best practice advice to support to the end-to-end resourcing requirements of Ministers and their offices.
You will have the demonstrated ability to work well as a team player and collaboratively across teams. A flexible approach to work is valued, along with excellent communication skills. We require the very best of service, so it is essential that you are diplomatic, proactive, reliable and methodical in your approach to work.
This position would suit candidates who have;
- knowledge of, and experience working with, public sector requirements, processes, codes and guidelines;
- proven financial experience, including sound knowledge of financial ICT systems and intermediate level Excel skills;
- well-developed verbal and written communication skills;
- ability to develop and present written reports and proposals;
- highly developed relationship management skills – you will have the proven ability to quickly establish, build and maintain effective working relationships across a diverse range of stakeholders;
- effective planning and co-ordination skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and adapt to competing and changing priorities;
- strong attention to detail and the ability to take responsibility for completing tasks set; and
- excellent judgement and critical thinking skills - experience interpreting and applying legislation, policy and guidelines within
a politically sensitive environment would be beneficial.
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity giving you an insight into the workings of the Executive Government.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We recognise a diverse workforce contributes to better business outcomes. We are also open to flexible working arrangements.We are committed to creating a workplace where all employees have equal access.
Applicants must be a NZ citizen or permanent resident.
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Internal Affairs has a vaccination policy and employment with the Department is conditional on being fully vaccinated for Covid-19, holding and maintaining a valid My Vaccine Pass. Consideration will be given to whether medical or other genuine exemptions can be accommodated in individual cases.
Applications close: 5pm, Friday 28 January 2022
For more information please contact: Myrna Umali, Manager Finance and Business Support at Myrna.Umali@dia.govt.nz
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.