Hours: Full time
Business Group: Governance Risk and Assurance
Branch: Organisational Strategy and Performance
Salary: $116,450 - $157,550
- Provide advice to the Department’s Executive Leaders on the stewardship and oversight of Department’s enterprise risks, and more broadly its organisational risk management system, tools and practices.
- Work with senior leaders and staff across the Department to lift risk management maturity, practice and capability.
- Apply your knowledge and skills in a diverse, complex and fast-paced environment.
Working at the Department of Internal Affairs, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of New Zealanders. We are seeking a highly-skilled professional to lead improvements to our risk management system, provide sound strategic advice to key decision makers, and champion good risk management practice.
You will be part of the Organisational Strategy and Performance (OSP) Branch; a small branch with a big job. We provide direction, oversight and leadership across Internal Affairs around risk assurance, project governance, legal services and strategic planning.
This role will give you an opportunity to engage with senior leaders on the Department’s approach to monitoring and managing risk and risk appetites across a very broad and dynamic risk landscape; a landscape that includes some significant programmes of work, for example:
- Te Ara Manaaki – transforming the way New Zealanders access the Department’s identity and life event services,
- 3Waters – improving the regulation and supply arrangements of drinking water, wastewater and storm water, and
- Tāhuhu – ensuring New Zealand’s documentary heritage is preserved and protected.
The Department offers opportunities to grow, and it has an exciting and ambitious work programme where your advice will be critical and valued. If you like the sound of this, we’d love to hear from you!
You will have extensive experience in leading and positively influencing culture and management buy-in to risk management in large and/or complex organisations. You will also communicate with credibility and be able to translate your knowledge to reach stakeholders across diverse functions. As a natural relationship builder, including those with senior leaders, you will be confident in building the trust of diverse stakeholders, both internal and external.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We recognise a diverse workforce contributes to better business outcomes. We are committed to creating a workplace where all employees have equal access.
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Applications close: 5pm, Thursday 30 September 2021
For more information please contact: Diane Laughton on 027 403 9160 or email@example.com
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.