Hours: Full time
Business Group: System Strategy and Initiatives
Branch: Digital Public Service
Salary: $129,622 - $175,371
New leadership role, new opportunity
Te Tari Taiwhenua/Internal Affairs serves and connects people, communities and government to build a safe, prosperous and respected nation. We deliver value to New Zealanders in many ways – leading digital government, keeping Kiwis safe from harm, supporting strong and resilient communities, strengthening civic participation and governance, and fostering our cultural identity. In other words, we are all about helping to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders.
Digital Public Service Branch
Our public service is being called upon to deliver a unified, seamless and effective digital experience for all New Zealanders. As a member of Digital Public Service/Te Kōtui Whitiwhiti branch you will help champion this change. We are seeking an experienced strategic leader with vision and influence to help drive a strong, successful and connected digital public sector.
A digital public service
The Digital Public Service Branch works across the public service to connect, influence and support the system to take advantage of new digital opportunities. It also supports the Government Chief Digital Officer (GCDO) to drive government’s digital transformation and position government to succeed in a changing digital age.
The response to COVID-19 has highlighted how important it is for the public service to operate effectively in the digital world and to make it as easy as possible for New Zealanders to engage with us. This work is critical to delivering on people’s expectations of faster, more accessible and integrated digital services.
The Branch has recently redefined its purpose and reorganised itself to deliver on the expectations of the government’s new Strategy for a Digital Public Service.
The Manager Capability is a multi-faceted and influential role that involves:
- engaging, coaching and managing a multidisciplinary team of highly skilled Strategic Advisors from diverse backgrounds
- working closely with the Programme Delivery Manager to effectively commission, scope and resource a work programme that delivers on Ministerial priorities and key objectives in the Strategy for a Digital Public Service
- actively contributing to the System Strategy and Initiatives Group leadership team, and the Senior Leadership Cohort for the wider Branch.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- demonstrated leadership and development of multidisciplinary, high-performing teams or groups
- proven ability to effectively coach and facilitate teams to adopt and practice new ways of working
- a successful track record of identifying, developing and growing the workforce capability required for the future
- excellent communication, collaboration and negotiation skills, especially in complex settings and in a cross-cultural environment.
- strong planning and organisational skills to resource a dynamic work programme and make connections across the branch and wider digital system.
About our workplace
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We support and encourage flexible ways of working and recognise a diverse workforce contributes to better business outcomes. We are committed to creating a workplace where all employees have equal access. To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Applications close: 5pm, Friday 10 July 2020
For more information please contact: Sandra Lowe on 027 758 5867 or email@example.com
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.
The Department of Internal Affairs has a policy of Equal Employment Opportunities. He kaupapa whakaōrite whiwhinga mahi tā Te Tari Taiwhenua