Hours: Full time
Business Group: Regulatory Services
Branch: Policy, Regulation and Communities
Salary: $91,499 - $123,792
Lead Intelligence Analyst
- Bring your specialist data analytics experience into a digital safety focused role
- Collaborate with stakeholders to get actionable insights from our intelligence data
- Come work in a role where your values will align to the work you do everyday
Regulatory Services has oversight of three regulatory systems: Anti- money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism, Gambling and Digital Safety. We are a responsive risk-based regulator focused on reducing hard and ensuring that iwi, hapu and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving.
In a field where the pace of change is rapid, our approach to digital safety will build our knowledge, prevent and respond to harm and ultimately create a safe online environment that is trusted and inclusive.
We are looking for people who can work collaboratively to leverage our people and technology to improve digital safety for all New Zealanders.
About the role:
The Lead Intelligence Analyst will bring extensive experience in reporting and data analytics combined with experience to provide fit for purpose advice to ensure there is a focus on the desired strategic outcomes. You will support and apply effective analysis in making assessments and predictions that identify threats opportunities that will reduce the risk of online harm.
Taking the lead, you will advise on data analysis, incident responses, investigation and research to bring clarity to complex information and provide fit for purpose advice. Critical to this role will be identifying emerging issues and trends to uncover actionable insights across our intelligence services which will enable us to collaborate and work closely with key partners in our community.
The scope of this role includes:
- Collating information, research emerging threats and keep abreast of current trends both local and international
- The ability to prioritise and actively manage multiple work streams within tight time constraints
- Proven initiative and a proactive working style, with an eye on continuous improvement
- Acting as a mentor and coach for members of the team and assisting with any escalated issues when stepping in for the manager
- Collaborate and foster the sharing high level intelligence reports with working partners and networks
- A high level of skill in interpreting risk and compliance requirements and how they inform strategies, business planning and business decisions
- Demonstrated experience in analysing a complex range of information, and critical thinking to help leadership with informed decision making.
- Be “system savvy” with the ability to make connections and utilise the data to tell the story
- Ensuring the integrity, accuracy and consistency of information, processes and data
What we offer:
We offer a collaborative and innovative culture where our people thrive to adhere to best practice while constantly challenging the status quo making each workday interesting. We value work life balance so flexible work options are available.
We look for people who can positively contribute to fostering and cultivating an inclusive environment; as well as demonstrating commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion of others.
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Applications close: 5pm, Monday 13 July 2020
For more information please contact: Heena Ravji at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.