Hours: Full time
Business Group: Operations
Branch: Service Delivery & Operations
Salary: $74,194 - $100,381
Working at the Department of Internal Affairs will give you an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of New Zealanders.
Service Delivery & Operations (SDO) is the face of the department. Whether we’re helping to register births, deaths, and marriages or assisting in passport applications, community grants, or civil union and name change registrations, we’re dedicated to meeting the needs of New Zealanders.
As Senior Systems Analyst, you will provide business ownership, management and technical leadership for multiple IT business systems, represent Operations on key branch and Departmental initiatives where system expertise is required and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
We need someone who can prioritise work, self-manages, takes initiative, and thinks beyond immediate issues. Key is the ability to learn about a variety of products and services and manage a varied workload. A must-have, is the ability to work with a diverse range of people from frontline operational staff to General Managers, and tailor communication styles to suit a wide range of audiences
You’ll have experience:
- Managing business systems and vendor relationships
- Translating business policies and process into technical system requirements
- Managing change control processes
- Working in a service delivery environment
Your skills will include:
- Strategic capability: the ability and desire to think beyond immediate issues, to consider the long-term and broader implications, and clearly identifies what needs to be done
- Collaboration: the ability to work across many stakeholders on the development of operational policy and specialist advice to achieve high quality and fit for purpose solutions
- Project management: the ability to plan, manage and follow through, to ensure the best flow and completion of activities that deliver the project results, on time, to specification and within budget
- Systems thinking: the ability to predict and influence the behaviour of any system through understanding the underlying structure
And you’ll have:
- Working knowledge best practice business applications management
- Knowledge of the Privacy Act 1993, including the rules for information matching and the use of public registers
- Understanding of information security practices and technologies
- Understanding of IT operating environment and technical language
Additionally, you must be a New Zealand Citizen and have the ability to attain and maintain a satisfactory security clearance.
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Applications close: 5pm, Monday 17 May 2021
For more information please contact: Angela Miller-Priebee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.