Hours: Part time - 24 hours per week
Business Group: National Library, Literacy and Learning
Branch: Information and Knowledge Services
Salary: $47,500 - $55,176 (pro-rata)
At the National Library - Services to Schools, we support reading engagement and learning in schools and Kura kaupapa by providing knowledge, expertise, support and access to a wide range of learning and reading resources and services.
The Reading Services Assistant will support and enable the Reading Services team to deliver the national lending service to schools through effective circulation activities and support for the lending service. You will be:
· Issuing and checking in loans
· Shelving books in Dewey and alphabetical order
· Assisting in other tasks in the Auckland centre
We are looking for someone with:
· Knowledge of and a user of libraries, public, school or academic
· Experience in general, clerical, administration or despatch work
· Basic familiarity and ability to use an online computer system
· Stamina and ability to work with high volume transactions during busy times
· Capable of packing and lifting heavy boxes of books
· NCEA Level 2, University Entrance or Sixth Form Cert or equivalent
· Someone who enjoys working with a small team to get the job done
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We recognise a diverse workforce contributes to better business outcomes. We are committed to creating a workplace where all employees have equal access.
For more information contact email@example.com
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Applications close: 5pm, Monday 1 November
For more information please contact: Corrina Meikle, 09 3658815 or 027 232 0094, Corrina.firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.