20/217 Senior Accountant Regulatory
Service Delivery and Operations
Wellington City, Wellington
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Charities Services
Branch: Service Delivery & Operations
Salary: $77,173 - $104,410
Senior Accountant Regulatory: Charities Services Ngā Rātonga Kaupapa Atawhai
An Opportunity to make a difference - working with the New Zealand charitable sector
Kia ora koutou, talofa lava and warm greetings
In Charities Services we promote trust and confidence in charities, encourage good governance, support charities’ efficiency and effectiveness and require charities to comply with their obligations under the law. We register and monitor charities and build sector capability to comply with the law by providing guidance material, online and print resources. Our vision is a well-governed, transparent and thriving charitable sector with strong public support.
As the Senior Regulatory Accountant your key role would be to:
- Lead the provision of forensic and financial accounting/audit advice to achieve successful regulatory outcomes across Charities Services
- provide technical expertise around financial/forensic accounting in the conduct of specialist, serious or complex investigations
- represent Charities Services in engagements with key sector stakeholders e.g. law enforcement and regulatory agencies
- Capability building within Charities Services by providing coaching and mentoring to staff and by sharing knowledge and expertise around financial/forensic accounting approaches and methodologies.
Along with your provisional or full Chartered Accountant qualification, we need you to have:
- Considerable experience providing advice on accounting, auditing and/or financial analysis
- In-depth and proven experience round analysing complex financial business structures
- Ability to develop analytical frameworks and deliver clear and coherent reports
- Strong communication skills and ability to translate technical information into ‘plain English’ requirements that can be understood by non-accountants
- Experience in investigations or a regulatory environment would be advantageous
- Advanced skills to develop and deliver clear and coherent reports
- A commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and the ability to contribute to, and support, effective strategies in achieving responsiveness to Māori
If you have this experience and expertise, come and join our team!
Charities Services is part of the Department of Internal Affairs Te Tari Taiwhenua. Further information is on our websites www.charities.govt.nz and www.dia.govt.nz.
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Applications close: 5pm, Tuesday 14 July 2020
For more information please contact: Dave Sayers, Investigations Manager Charities at email@example.com
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. You can also access the job description on www.dia.govt.nz. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.