Type: Fixed Term (12 Months)
Hours: Full time
Business Group: AoG Services Delivery
Branch: Digital Public Service
Salary: $66,434 - $89,881
Digital Public Service Branch
Our public service is being called upon to deliver a unified, seamless and effective digital experience so that New Zealanders have the best possible experience of government. We are seeking experienced, strategic leaders to work with vision and influence to help enable and drive a strong, successful and connected digital public sector.
A digital public service
This work is critical to creating the platform for government to respond to people’s expectations for faster, more agile, accessible and integrated digital services.
The branch achieves this by working across the public service to connect, influence and support the system to transform and better respond to the ever-changing digital landscape. It also supports the Government Chief Digital Officer (GCDO), whose work supports a modern adaptive public service to have the skills, technology and data to operate at pace and to meet changing needs.
This new role is a result of the All of Government Services Delivery (AoG SD) group redesign.
You'll have responsibility for bringing a human-centred approach to the design and development of our digital products including Govt.nz, Digital.govt.nz, and Data.govt.nz to ensure they meet the needs of New Zealanders.
You'll be working in a multi-disciplinary team environment to design and deliver digital design solutions that are underpinned by best practice techniques and New Zealand Government Web Standards.
To be successful in this role you will have experience:
- designing for the web with a strong focus on user needs
- the ability to present design ideas and to receive feedback with open-mindedness
- designing and delivering best practice digital design solutions that meet New Zealand Government Web Standards
- in UX principles and processes, user research, interaction and visual design, prototyping and usability testing
- in digital design tools, for example Sketch, Figma, Invision, Adobe Suite
- understanding HTML & CSS
- collaborating with developers on implementation and development
- working in an Agile framework
You'll also have:
- excellent interpersonal skills
- a strong team-focus
- creativity, empathy, passion and problem-solving skills.
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Applications close: 5pm, Sunday 29 November 2020
For more information please contact: AoG SD Change Team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.