Hours: Full time
Business Group: National Library
Branch: Information and Knowledge Services
Salary: $66,434 - $80,502
Technical Support Analyst– Aotearoa People’s Network Kaharoa (APNK) and Kōtui for NZ Public Libraries
- have technical IT skills, in relation to network administration
- have previous experience assisting on an IT service desk
- are familiar with the chrome operating system
- are analytical and logical but also adaptable and responsive – then you should apply for this role as a Technical Support Analyst with the National Library based in Christchurch
Kōtui is a NZ wide consortium of NZ Public Libraries who share a Library Management System. Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa (APNK) is a NZ wide consortium of NZ public libraries who share support and provision of computers and internet access throughout NZ. We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our small but dedicated team to continue to provide and expand this service.
The Technical Support Analyst role is based in Christchurch and reports to the Business Development and Operations Manager. They work across both APNK and Kōtui services however the focus is on APNK. The purpose of this role is to:
- provide technical support to library staff at Kōtui and APNK locations
- respond to and trouble-shoot tickets raised through the Service Desk Portal
- support consortium members in the use of Kōtui and APNK supported products
- work collaboratively with others to enhance team performance
- provide friendly and effective communication with library staff and vendors
You will be joining a team of 11 colleagues, in Christchurch, who are enthusiastic to continue the work of Kōtui and APNK with NZ Public Libraries. You will be one of three Technical Support Analysts in the team.
You will participate on the service desk roster which includes on-call work in the evenings and weekends one week in every four weeks. Some work out-of-normal business hours for software upgrades may be required. The National Library sits within the Information and Knowledge Services (IKS) branch, of the Department’ of Internal Affairs. The IKS branch is the epicenter of information management, culture and heritage. The branch is all about collecting, storing and preserving important things that are precious to New Zealand.
The following website gives a brief summary of the services the team offers https://natlib.govt.nz/librarians/apnk and https://natlib.govt.nz/librarians/kotui .
You must include an application letter and CV in which you describe your skills and knowledge in relation to the position description. If you’re looking for a new challenge that encourages you to think innovatively to help make a difference to Aotearoa and its people, then the National Library could be the place for you.
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Applications close: 11pm, Wednesday 10 March 2021
For more information please contact: Joan Simpson, Business Development and Operations Manager, Joan.Simpson@dia.govt.nz
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.